Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Dior Spring 2010





My favorite show from the Spring 2010 runway shows was definitely Dior. I loved the feminine look of the collection, yet the vibe was still that of a strong working woman. I really feel like Dior's collection has captured the spririt of the modern day woman. John Galliano has done a wonderful job of continuing on this tradition. I really like the lingerie inspired aspects of this collection, yet they are not as ready to wear as some other garments/ensembles are.
Overall, the show was a bit to flashy for me. As a matter of fact, most of the shows were a bit too flashy for me. I don't like all the extra "hoopla" that goes into the actual runway shows. Don't get me wrong, I realize why they go to such extremes (they have to catch our attention somehow) but I just feel like it takes away from the actual clothes. Why can't designers go back to the classic old days, where it really was just the models walking down the runway?

I feel like Dior's collection is more wearable than others. I loved the ruffles, the metallic trench coat and especially loved the long gowns. I am very pleased with the spring line and look forward to see what is in store for the fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment