


On the night of September 10, New York’s streets were filled with thousands of models, designers and consumers for the first ever Fashion’s Night Out. Simply speaking, Fashion’s Night Out was one huge shopping trip with thousands of consumers, including their favorite designers. This night was a global shopping event that gave retailers the much-needed jump due to the hard economic times. The night was definitely deemed a success, as over 700 stores remained open until 11 p.m.
According to an independent survey, foot traffic throughout the participating stores increased by 50%. 75% of those shoppers bought something that night. Since the event, top retailers have been meeting with city officials to try and come up with strategies to increase the shopping and spending in the retail industry year round. Fashion’s Night Out 2010, is already in the makings, with the hopes of making it even bigger and better.
I think this is a fantastic way to spur on the retail industry. I can’t even imagine shopping and running into Anna Wintour or Sarah Jessica Parker. The team who came up with this idea was very creative and resourceful. Consumers like to feel as though they are valued customers, and it is through events like these that help build customer loyalty. Besides advertising and putting a name to the event, the only real difference was that all the stores decided to stay open until 11 p.m. This was such a cost effective event in the sense that they invited people out to spend money!
There is talk of hoping to get next years Fashion’s Night Out tax free, but it does not sound like government officials are too fond of that idea, and I can’t say I blame them. But then again if the goal is to increase revenue, that might be just the incentive people need.
I love this and I think it should stay around for years to come!
ReplyDeleteThis is exciting! Next year I'm going to try to make it!
ReplyDeletei am so happy that fashion's night out is coming back next year! i really, really want to plan my schedule so that i am able to make it. this year, i went to new york city the NEXT day and all i heard about was how much of a party i missed! i was so mad!
ReplyDeleteI would love to be apart of this next year. I heard about it but did not realize it would be so hot. I am going to plan on being apart in 2010.
ReplyDelete