

Once again Ivanka Trump broke the mold by wearing a wedding dress with sleeves. I was thrilled to see that she chose a different style gown. I am so tired of the typical strapless wedding dresses accompanied by the "prom" up-do's. Ivanka glowed in this dress and looked very glamorous yet still like a classic bride. The couple wed at the Trump National Golf Club in Bedminster, New Jersey.
Vera Wang designed this dress for Ms. Trump and only had a about one month to sew it. I can't imagine making this intricate of a gown in one month. Three different kinds of lace were used in the making of the dress, including Chantilly and Lyon. The bottom layer of the gown was embroidered and pieced together by hand. Ivanka was inspired by the famous actress Grace Kelly's wedding dress when she married Prince Rainer of Monaco back in 1956. Helen Rose, MGM's costume designer, was responsible for the design of Kelly's dress.
According to Ms. Wang, Ivanka was drawn to the lace as well as the royal factor of the gown. Ironically enough, Ivanka is considered "royalty" status in the states. She has a famous father, Donald Trump, she is the VP of a multi-million dollar company, she has her own jewelry line, is host of a reality t.v. show, attended an ivy league school (University of Pennsylvania) and has a stunning look about her. It only makes sense that when she married Jared Kushner, it would be in a gorgeous one-of-a-kind gown.
Ivanka recently converted to Judaism, Kushner's religion, so I am not surprised to see her in a gown that is more conservative. Personally, I think the wedding dress is exquisite. I don't have anything against strapless dresses, but I hate having to constantly pull them up (for us smaller chested girls!) and for that reason it is almost impossible to dance in them. Ms. Wang said it was freeing to finally create a dress that wasn't strapless because that is all she has been making for the past 15 years. I think it is refreshing to see a celebrity wear something tasteful and classy, especially on her wedding day.
I agree with Ms. Wang, I hope this style is here to stay.
No comments:
Post a Comment