
I absolutely love Gap’s advertising, especially during the holidays. This season is no different. Gap’s ads are fun, cheerful and colorful. This year the print ads are all about making snowflakes and peace signs out of people dressed in head to toe Gap clothing. The colorsconsist of reds, blacks, creams, grays, and blues and greens.
I think the print ads really capture the holiday spirit because they consist of a wide variety of people, featuring babies, kids, teens and adults. Through the span of people represented in these ads, Gap is reaching all of its brand extensions through one advertisement. It is smart way to reach their target market while saving the company money by focusing on the company as a whole. These advertisements are a very affective form of advertising and are hopefully attracting new customers as well as keeping the old ones.
The only advertisement I love more than Gap’s print advertisement is their television commercial. The whole commercial is a cheer with tons of energetic dancing and chanting. The dancers used are quite exceptional and the commercial exudes energy. By having the commercial and the print ad, Gap is reaching more people and is heightening their brand awareness. The consistent reinforcement of seeing these advertisements will help push Gap to top-of-mind awareness.
I think Gap has really gone above and beyond in their advertising and communications and think it will pay off this holiday season. I mean, who doesn’t want to go buy all of their clothes after seeing the commercial?
Did you hear about the controversy over that ad?
ReplyDeleteI don't know about any of the controversy but I agree that the ads are very cheerful during the holidays. I love this time of the year and I like to see retailers partake in celebrating. Yay for Gap : )
ReplyDeleteGap always has the best commercials during the holidays. I don't ever shop there anymore, but the ads always make me want to go in and take a peak. They are really good. And yes, now we all know about the controversy.
ReplyDeleteI love their ads too! I had saw the couples one a while ago and just recently saw the childrens as well. Sooooo cute and clever and fun!
ReplyDelete